Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rage Against the Vending Machine

As much as I love my camcorder, my macbook, my navi, and all my other gadget buddies, there are some machines that just need to be destroyed. Take, for example, the vending machine at work. A few weeks ago, I felt a slight itch and discomfort in my throat. So, like any well-informed, intelligent person, I decided to hydrate myself with some gatorade. Apparently, gatorade is the only "juice" that people in my company drink since the entire "juice" machine was filled with different flavors of gatorade. To maximize the amount of fruit intake, I opted for the fruit punch flavored gatorade, which sits at the very top shelf of the vending machine. I slid in my 60 cents into the machine and pressed A2 to select my drink. But luck would have it, the bottle fell halfway and got stuck between the glass and another drink. No problem, right? I started knocking the glass, slowly at first, and progressively harder as I realized that the drink wasn't going anywhere. So I did what any other smart person would do. Thinking that another drink could knock the stuck bottle down, I bought another drink from the top shelf. Sadly, the new drink just fell straight to the bottom. I wasn't going to give up. So I came up with the clever plan of buying the drink directly behind the drink. Since each selected drink is actually catapulted off the shelf, the force would definitely knock the stuck bottle out. I paid for the premium 85 cent juice behind the gatorade.

...that drink got stuck too.

What irks me isn't the fact that I spent over $2 on a damn drink, but the fact that it happened again today!! But since this time there was someone sitting in the room, I was too embarrassed to actually do anything. So I just walked back to my office like a little bitch :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL. you poor poor lil bitch. i think it keeps getting stuck because the machine is meant for juice only...;o)

the machine in my office has screwed me over THREE times, each time because no product came out. it's one of those corkscrew ones that turn and product would drop, IF there was product in the slot to begin with. you'd think i'd learned my lesson to check each time, but i'm usually so hungry and desperate that i don't notice. :o(